India Part 2 or Yoga Therapy

Saturday, February 11, 2012

I have just completed the first two modules of the Svastha Yoga Therapy program. It's directed by Dr. Ganesh Mohan in conjunction with a German orthopedic surgeon and yoga instructor. Ganesh is a trained medical and ayurvedic doctor. His parents Indra and Dr. AG started teaching yoga in the 1970s when AG was a student of Krishnamacharya. You know, that guy? Kind of a famous dude. So, anyway, they are legit.

Both modules were focused on the musculoskeletal system--the first mainly on the lower spine with some emphasis on the lower limbs and the second on the upper spine, neck and shoulders. It was completely awesome.

And about two days in, I realized....this could be a career! Not a "I'm a yoga teacher but I have to have 4 other jobs to pay my bills" but a seriosly real job. And then I remembered! Holy shit. I have a degree in music therapy and I could have a "degree" in yoga therapy. Only five more modules to go.

So that's the plan. Become a yoga therapist. Become a music therapist (via the yoga tradition with a harmonium and all). Help people get better. Sounds like a plan to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Santosha Sounds All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger